A rainy day off for us
Good morning everyone!
We will be closed today due to the weather. Hopefully that's not too inconvenient for all of you...might we suggest you follow our example to stay cozy, and take it slow for just one day??
We also wanted to remind you that this Saturday is our annual Apple Pie Contest! If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time...
Read all the details below...
Enjoy the rain, and we hope to see you all soon,
Doug and Talea
Montgomery Place Orchards
13th Annual Apple Pie Contest
Saturday, October 28th
The purpose of this contest is to determine which apple varieties are best for apple pie. We thought this would be a fun way to find out and hope that you enjoy it with us.
1. We will offer two categories this year:
a) Double Crust Dessert Apple Pie
b) “Anything Goes” Dessert Apple Pie (Tarte Tatin, Open face, Crumbtop…)
2. Only apples from Montgomery Place Orchards are to be used. Upon registration, you will be able to choose ½ peck of apples (of your choice) for use in your pie. You may register early and pick up your apples closer to the actual contest date. (There is no charge to you for apples and you may mix apple varieties).
3. Pies will be judged by a panel of peers in three categories:
4. After judging, all leftover pies are deemed the property of Montgomery Place Orchards and will be shared with any hungry people who happen to be at the farm location after the completion of the contest.
5. Pies MUST be here by 12:00pm on Saturday, October 28th. Judging will begin at 1:00pm Sharp!
We ask that you place your name on the bottom of your pie plate so that it can be properly returned to you.
Copyright © 2019 Doug and Talea Taylor, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to the Montgomery Place Orchards farm newsletter.
Our mailing address is:
Doug and Talea TaylorMontgomery Place OrchardsPO Box 24 8 Davis WayAnnandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list